Travel Bursaries for Bournville School Visits
With the support of funding from the George Cadbury Fund we are working to support schools to access educational trips by offering travel bursaries. We are also aiming to increase the number of primary schools taking part in our sessions to discover the rich history of Bournville.
Created by chocolate manufacturer and philanthropist George Cadbury, Bournville is a garden village designed to improve housing, influence others and ensure a strong sense of community. Through a interactive hands-on session the Selly Manor Education Team deliver a rich experience for Key Stage 1 and 2 pupils to explore Bournville in a guided tour, and activities such as games, object handling and a design your own village activity. Full details can be found on Schools & education page of this website.
We are offering travel bursaries to encourage and support schools to access this fantastic opportunity. We have 10 bursaries of £200 each available towards transport costs to access our Bournville themed educational visits.
To apply for the scheme please complete an School Travel Bursary Application Form and return to [email protected] or if you would like to speak to a member of the team about this scheme please call 0121 472 0199.
- An admission cost of £8 per child for a standard Bournville themed session 10am – 2pm is still applicable to Selly Manor Museum.
- The travel bursary is for confirmed bookings that take place between January and December 2024. We recommend that bookings for the visit are only made once schools have been notified as to whether their travel bursary application has been successful.
- Schools must complete and submit an application form. These will be assessed monthly (whilst funds remain) and applicants will be notified whether they are successful or not.
- Travel bursaries are only available whilst funding remains, Selly Manor Museum and Bournville Village Trust will withdraw the funding opportunity when funds are finished.
- The travel bursary is only for Selly Manor Museum’s onsite Bournville school sessions, and is not applicable for other themed days: Tudors or Great Fire of London.
- If you are successful, we will require schools to complete a Funding Form in order for the funding to be allocated.
- Funding is only available for schools located in the West Midlands region. Priority will be given to schools who are able to demonstrate a significant need for financial support.
- Applications will be accepted by individual schools from the same multi-academy trust.
- This scheme is administered by Bournville Village Trust on behalf of Selly Manor Museum. Please note payment of the bursary will only be provided after the visit, and once the school have settled their payment to Selly Manor Museum for the cost of the session.